- All of the information you enter during the Flocknote registration is saved in our databases.
- All of the information required is either for the function of the Flocknote Service (“Service”) or for the benefit and use of the Flocknote Network(s) (i.e. your church, diocese, organization, etc.) you are connecting with.
- We will also collect additional information for payment purposes if you decide to start your own Network on Flocknote. Note: Flocknote is totally FREE for all normal members and other individual users. Only organizations who want to create their own lists, groups and networks must purchase a plan.
- Be aware that some information you may provide (such as when composing an email or leaving a public comment) could also be publicly available and may, therefore, be collected and used by others.
- We automatically collect other typical web traffic information such as IP address, browser type, platform and operating system that you use when visiting Flocknote. These items help us improve our services but do not tell us anything personal about you.
- Additionally, we may capture and analyze other kinds of user data for the purposes of research and other helpful insights. Any findings of such research will not include any data associated with individual users.
- We recommend not forwarding emails you receive from the Flocknote system to other people. Any emails sent to you are meant for you alone and may contain tokenized links (which allow access to your account) or other personal info which should not be given to other people.
How We Use Your Information
The personal information that you provide us is not shared with other parties except in the following situations:
- Your Profile: You are able to control in your “My Account” settings how some of your personal information is shown to other people. Your email address and phone number are never displayed publicly by design.
- Networks you subscribe to: The administrators (and only the administrators) of lists you subscribe to will have access to some of your info (like your name, email address, phone number and any other custom registration info that they gather from you.) This is what allows your parish/diocese/organization/group you are involved with to use the Flocknote Service for their own organizational registration process and to save you the hassle of having to enter the same info again separately into their system. Other subscribers and members of Flocknote will not have access to any of this additional info. If you do not want a parish/organization/etc. to have access to any of your contact info, do not subscribe to any of their lists or join their Network in any way.
- Other technologies: Other technologies, such as web beacons, may be used to track your use of our Services (such as opening an email). The information obtained helps networks better understand and communicate with their members (i.e. you).
- Law Enforcement: In order to comply with the law and to enforce our policies we may be required to provide personal information to law enforcement officials.
- We will never sell your information to anyone.
- We will never give access to any of your information to third parties unless explicitly requested to do so by you or one of your network Admins who already has access to such information in Flocknote.
Email, Text Messages and Other Notifications
- The frequency and actions that cause most email or other notifications to be sent to you can be configured either in your subscription settings for a particular list or in your “My Account” settings once you’ve logged in.
- Some actions on Flocknote may automatically send an email or text message to you – such as during the registration process. These are necessary. Additionally, we will occasionally send out messages to all registered users of Flocknote for important updates or other transactional communication.
- You can control all notifications sent to you from any Lists that you subscribe to within Flocknote. If at any time you would like to update those settings or completely unsubscribe (opt-out), simply click the link at the bottom of any such email you receive that says “Unsubscribe or Update Subscription Settings.” From there, you can change/save new settings or click the Unsubscribe button to no longer receive emails from that particular List. Clicking Unsubscribe will completely remove you from that List.
- We require that all members of Flocknote be at least 13 years old or have the permission of a parent or legal guardian.
- These policies are subject to change. Please check this statement regularly to make sure that you are informed of any changes.
Flocknote, LLC uses third party partners to provide some of the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to provide this Service. We own the code, databases, and all rights to every aspect of the Flocknote Service. You retain all other rights to your data. We do frequent backups of all data to multiple secure servers located in different geographical areas in order to protect the loss of your data.
In order to further protect your personal information we require the use of a password when accessing your account on Flocknote. We recommend that you use a password greater than 6 characters and that is made up of both numbers, letters and symbols. We also recommend changing it regularly (such as monthly) and that you use a password that is unique from any passwords that you use on any other systems.
If you forget your password you can click the “forgot password?” link on the login screen. This process will help you access your account again.
To change your password, first log in to your account and then select the “Change Password” option from your “My Account” page.