Currently available positions:
More future positions (but not yet accepting applications):
- Happiness Engineer (Remote)
- Web App Developer (Remote)
Front-End ReactJS Architect (Remote)
We’re looking to expand our front end team as we update our UI in React. You’ll be shaping the way people use Flocknote and the entire structure of our front end architecture.
We’re a small, startup dev team with a passion for the Church and making great things. We work hard, have fun, and are always improving. Because we’re all remote and a small shop, you must be self-motivated, able to manage your day-to-day schedule, and a very good communicator. You’ll have your hands in everything front end – prototyping, managing state, designing out components, testing your code, stylesheets, build & launch processes.
If you have a passion to help the Church, and if you enjoy dreaming up smart ways to solve problems and then watching your code come to life to make a real difference in the world, keep reading.
Our front end is not in React… yet. But we’re on our way there! We’re looking for a React expert to lead the charge.
- Creating new features within Flocknote that are easy & fun to use.
- Managing the technical aspects of Flocknote’s front end. Including increasing client-side performance and accessibility.
- Helping out the rest of the front-end team as we move over to React.
- Working with our back-end team so they can get the right data piped to the front.
- Migrating existing features over to React.
- Tackling front-end bugs post-push.
- Integrating new features into a non-react front-end codebase. So experience integrating React with legacy code and understanding of using portals will be a big help here.
- At least two years experience using React and a great understanding of its inner-workings and quirks.
- To understand Node, Webpack, and Babel (beyond just using create-react-app).
- Experience and comfort developing functional components and hooks. We won’t be using class-based components at all.
- Some taste! We don’t pixel-perfect mock things up, so we’ll be relying on some of your great ideas to make things easy to use.
- To be a self-starter and a go-getter with extraordinary integrity.
- To be flexible, honest, professional, easy to get along with, and enthusiastic with strong interpersonal skills.
- React Native experience… we’re heading down that path too!
This is a full-time (remote/work-from-home) position with salary and benefits.
Please submit your resume and anything else relevant to email@example.com.
IN ADDITION, please provide answers to the following:
- Very briefly tell us about you. (Not your skill set, but what makes you tick.)
- What is your favorite junk food and why?
- Please describe the nerdiest thing you’ve ever done.